Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Art of Layering

Alas, we have come to the time of the year where we must consider warmth as an important variable in our outfit selecting each morning. I woke up this morning knowing that there was a cold front coming in (my husband might as well be a part-time weatherman;) but boy! I was not expecting cold versus cool--eh, I suppose that's why it's called a cold front. Yuck.
In a last minute scramble, I rummaged through my closet and put together the closest ensemble I had to remain semi-warm: cardigan, jeggings, and boots.

Once I arrived at the store later on this morning I felt like this would be an appropriate topic for today's blog!

Layers are key when trying to fight off the cold when you're out and about but don't want to burn up while sitting at the office. If you have a more casual work environment jeans with boots and a sweater are essentials to looking casual chic. A chunky scarf will aid in keeping warm while braving the outdoors.
Now if you're looking for a more polished look, a leather jacket is key to completing your outfit. Now as for keeping your legs and toes warm a good pair of leggings partnered with these chic quilted rain boots (only $58!) create the perfect put together combo.

Just remember to keep your layers slim to the body unless you're looking for the super cozy comfy look with a chunky sweater. If you layer like these two looks shown here you'll look ready to go and prepared to conquer any weather that comes your way-- all while looking effortlessly fashionable!



0 comments:

Post a Comment