Wednesday, September 24, 2014

National Business Women's Day: Fabulous fab'rik Women

We love celebrating exceptional women in our community!  In honor of National Business Women's Day, we are highlighting a few fab'rik women who give meaning to the phrase #girlboss.  Follow us as we feature fearless women and their stories this week!

CAROLINE LOFTIN
OWNER. ATTORNEY. MOM.

It has always been my dream to open a clothing store, and in April 2012, my dream finally became a reality. Born and raised in Athens, Georgia, I graduated from the University of Virginia with a B.A. degree in History and received my J.D. from the University of Georgia School of Law. After graduating from law school, I moved to Atlanta and joined King & Spalding LLP where I am currently a counsel on the Finance team focusing primarily on municipal securities transactions representing nonprofit corporations such as healthcare and higher education clients. When I went on a mission trip to Haiti in June 2010, I met and became great friends with Dana Spinola, who is the President and CEO of fab'rik. After returning from Haiti, I worked with Dana to form fab’rik’s charity free fab'rik (a 501(c)(3) organization that organizes free shopping sprees for deserving teens and moms in need). In the Fall of 2011, Dana and I just knew that it was time for me to open a fab'rik in my hometown, and fab'rik Athens opened its doors on April 26, 2012 with the assistance of my incredible manager and friend Melissa McGill.  I was absolutely thrilled and honored to introduce fab’rik’s unique shopping “experience” to the Athens retail fashion industry.


Since I opened fab’rik, I moved back to Athens, got married and had a baby girl named Olivia.  I can honestly say that I have never been this happy in my entire life. My life is so full of blessings, and I am so thankful for my family and all of the love that my husband, my two stepsons and my daughter bring me.  So now my days are pretty full with being a wife, a mom, a stepmom, an owner at fab’rik, and an attorney with King & Spalding.  Some days are definitely easier than others, but I would not have it any other way. Along with my love for my family, my love for fab’rik grows deeper and stronger every day.  I truly am so grateful and humbled to be a part of the fab’rik family and to learn from these incredible women and men at fab’rik.  I cannot imagine my life now without fab’rik, and I look forward to opening my second (and possibly third) fab’rik in Charleston in the near future.

WALK IN HER SHOES
My style has definitely changed over the years from black or dark blue business suits with heels and scarves to sophisticated outfits with unique accessories. I love wearing the latest trend in skinny jeans, tall boots or pumps with a flowy, fun, colorful top.  I like spicing up an everyday look to make it look creative and original but always classy.

CAROLINE'S PICKS


0 comments:

Post a Comment