Monday, September 22, 2014

National Business Women's Day: Fabulous fab'rik Women

We love celebrating exceptional women in our community!  In honor of National Business Women's Day, we are highlighting a few fab'rik women who give meaning to the phrase #girlboss.  Follow us as we feature fearless women and their stories this week!



JULIE MYERS
FROM STYLIST TO STORE OWNER

My love for fashion started at a young age. My mother would take me shopping with her as a young girl from as far back as I could remember. I would pull sweaters off shelves and re fold them as my mom would shop and try on clothes. The sales associates loved me! As I journeyed through college and began my search for #whyamihere? I knew that fashion would always find it's place somewhere in my future.

As I entered the work force, eager and ready to get my #girlboss on, I worked my corporate job Monday - Friday and work as a stylist at Club Monaco because I was bored... and crazy. I worked with Club Monaco for 6 years while simultaneously working my regular 9-5 and realized that I looked forward to going to work on Saturday more than Monday. I knew then that I needed to find a way to make this profitable and my career.
This epiphany lead me to join the management team at fab'rik. I knew that I wanted to own my own boutique and build my own empire, but as a self admitted obsessive compulsive and control freak, I had to know all the ins and outs of the business before taking the leap. I have managed the Buckhead store for a little over a year now and it was the best decision I have ever made. I became a sponge and soaked in every bit of information and process that I could. I wanted to know it all and I learned it all and then some. In addition to gaining knowledge, I gained a fab'rik family.
I am so blessed to now be in the position to bring what I have learned and loved back to the start. I am now opening a store where I once shopped with my mother and dreamed of owning a boutique. If you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life.

WALK IN HER SHOES
My perfect outfit would be a great basic top with a little flair (a front train, gold buttons, anything that gives the ordinary a pretty twist), a fur vest (because this is my fall staple), leather shorts (leather shorts automatically give an outfit an edge), heeled booties (because my mom says that I have bad posture and heels always make me stand up straight), topped off with a hat... a great fall hat. All of this combined create a boho chic look that is me and guides me from a business lunch with my style idol Victoria Beckham in NYC to drinks with friends and dinner with my husband.   

JULIE'S PICKS

0 comments:

Post a Comment