Monday, February 14, 2011

Fashion Entertainment.

While a little on the short side, she can get away with it with those gams!
Stunning in J.Mendel
Avant-garde in Jean Paul Gaultier
Nikki.. being Nikki
Love this boho-sequined look
Always bringing the curves to the carpet
Only Katy Perry. In Armani
Would love to wear this Malandrino gown! Julianne Hough looks amazing!
Weight Watchers wonder!

Gaga. Always in character.

A little too much for her petite frame.
In all fairness, no one should really judge Grammy fashion, because much like music, the Grammy red carpet has no rules. Where else would you ever see Lady Gaga arriving in an incubator? Or Katy Perry dressed up like an angel?.. Eh.. you get the point ;)
The guest list is just as eclectic as the fashions. It is a place where the lyrical maestros, rap gods, country crooners, rock legends, soul sisters, & pop princesses convene in one place to honor all things music.
Sequins & sparkle are always a star favorite as shown by Jennifer Lopez, Miley Cyrus, Kim Kardashian (who probably stole that dress right outta Lopez's closet!), among others. My favorite: Selena Gomez was a teenage dream in a liquid gold J.Mendel gown.
Performance-wise, I thought Bieber, Jaden, and Usher were adorable & awesome all at the same time. Being the wedding lover that I am, I couldn't help but think Katy Perry sharing her wedding video during her performance was sooo cute & appropriate on Vday-eve. & I thought the Bruno Mars old school rendition was so amazing! Can't leave out all things Rihanna, looking gorgeous with both Eminem & Drake-- singing 2 of my favorite songs of the year. If I'm going to make my husband sit through all these awards shows with me I also have to give a shout out to the Avett Brothers & Mumford and Sons, as they were his favorite.
And while I love me some Gaga, I don't think her "Born This Way" performance "shift the world" like she had hoped, hell, it barely shifted me.
For me, two things stole the show: Jennifer Hudson's rockin' bod showcased with those gorgeous gold epaulets & peek-a-boo lace bra. As well as Gwyneth Paltrow's sky-high-multi-colored Louboutins during her performance with Ceelo. Meanwhile, my husband wants to know when did she get so hot? Ah, sigh.
The Grammy's never disappoint: they always make us laugh, question, wonder, & entertain. Both the fashions & the performances gave us a solid dose of all of the above!

0 comments:

Post a Comment