Monday, February 27, 2012

Oscar Gold

The stars did not disappoint last night. I was literally sitting on the edge of my couch, getting more and more excited as each dazzler walked down the red carpet. I loved the classic looks that were chosen but had such an appreciation for those who pushed the envelope... 

 My girl crush, Emma Stone, looking divine in Giambattista Valli. I love the tie-neck detail & the color. Not to mention I thought she did such a good job her first time presenting! 
Only Gwyneth Paltrow could pull off this Tom Ford dress/cape combo. I love how sleek the look is & absolutely loved the dress without the cape. So cool to have two separate looks: one for carpet & one for presenting.
 Kristen Wiig in a gorgeous tulle confection by J.Mendel.
 Always on of my favorites, Michelle Williams, in coral Louis Vuitton. I am in love with the current peplum trend & really feel as if this a beautiful silhouette on her.
 Viola Davis in a kelly green Vera Wang creation. I can't say enough good things about the color choice-- no one else could ever have pulled this color off as she did. The pleated bottom is so unexpected & the dress fits her frame perfectly.
 Jennifer Lopez brought all that makes her JLo to the red carpet last night. Can't knock her for staying true to what works for her. This Zuhair Murad gown was made for her!
 Rooney Mara is quickly becoming a red carpet pro! This Givenchy gown is the perfect hybrid of classic & fashion forward.
 Another lady in peplum, Tina Fey, looking sophisticated in Carolina Herrera. She's always either complete miss or hit for me so I have to say that I really enjoy this look on her.
 If you didn't already know: there is a slit in Angelina's dress-- & she wants all of us to be very aware of it. Maybe Brad should have stood on the other side? It's a bit awkward, no? But yes, this Atelier Versace dress is amazing... 
 I just love the idea of mint. I love the idea of sheer sleeves. & you all know that I looove sequins. Bérénice Bejo looks regal in this Elie Saab creation. 
Cameron Diaz in Premiere Gucci. 
 In the words of Rachel Zoe: I.Die. Probably my favorite look of the night & definitely such an insanely awesome look on her. Everything is perfect. Her hair, makeup, & dress choice are impeccable. Another McQueen sensation that has put Jessica Chastain on everyone's fashion radar.
 Milla Jovovich in Elie Saab.
 Best supporting actress Oscar winner, Octavia Spencer looking divine in Tadasha Shoji.
 Sandra Bullock in Marchesa.
 I don't like that I couldn't find a better picture of this dress. The detail on it was so cool. I understand that some people think that it wasn't age appropriate-- & I get that-- however, when you heard her talk about how "her" it was you can't help but like it! :) Shailene Woodley in Valentino Haute Couture.
 Stacy Keibler looks amazing in this liquid gold Marchesa gown.
 Natalie Portman in vintage Dior.
Meryl Streep looking stunning just before accepting her Best Actress Oscar in this beautifully wrapped Lanvin gown.

0 comments:

Post a Comment